Wednesday, January 25, 2017



Contrast, Balance, and Harmony

The first characteristic of contrast that I notice is size. You get an idea of the size of the canyon because of the contrast in size to the kayakers on the river. There is also a great contrast in texture between the canyon walls and the river. The texture of the rocks is rough while the texture of the river smooth and silky.

This image communicates balance to me through the symmetrical canyon walls on each side. Also the shoreline creates a V that coincides with the V of the canyon creating a nice balance. There is also a good balance of light and dark colors with the bright blue sky and the dark and light rocks.

This image displays good characteristics of contrast and balance which makes it harmonious. Everything seems to come together with the coinciding V's, contrast in texture and size, and the canyon walls against the bright blue sky in the back ground.

Using Gestalt applications I recognize that this image becomes an organized whole to me. I have been on three river trips and they were some of the most amazing experiences I have had in my life. When I see this image it takes me back to the feelings and emotions I experienced on the river.





No comments:

Post a Comment